1. Question: In which chromosome you can find the transposable element FBti0019099?
2. Are any genes close to the FBti0019099 TE?
3. How are the TE frequencies distributed in the population?
4. At first sight, are the frequencies from one population to another very different?
5. If most of the mutations are deleterious (at low frequencies), how we can explain the observed distribution?
6. Let’s plot a histogram to check how the recombination levels are distributed in the parts of the genome containing TEs:
hist(data$variable, main=”Graph title”, xlab=”variable_name”, col=”red”)
Check this function in a real example from the code file in the text editor.
Are most of them in low or high recombination regions? Why?