Sign up to be part of the European project on citizen science “Melanogaster: Catch the Fly!” (#MelanogasterCTF) which already has the participation of scientists, schools, teachers and students.
PRELIMINARY PROGRAM #MelanogasterCTF 2019 COURSE
Date: June 14 and 15, 2019
Place: Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB).
C / Dr. Aiguadé 88, 08003 Barcelona
FRIDAY, June 14
9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Welcome and presentation of the course. Pepi González (González Lab)
- Practical communication workshop for the #MelanogasterCTF project. How to put in value your participation in a scientific project at your school and in your community. Roberto Torres (LCATM)
- Video-call with the teachers of the IES Eladio Cabañero de Tomelloso to tell us about their experience participating in the MCTF project.
- Conference: Genomics and Society
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Lunch at the PRBB
3:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Practical introductory workshop on Bioinformatics. How to implement the modules of the #MelanogasterCTF project. Maria Bogaerts and Miriam Merenciano (González Lab).
SATURDAY, June 15
Morning 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Workshop: Handling Drosophila. Classification by sex and species in the laboratory. Maria Bogaerts and Miriam Merenciano (González Lab).
- Presentation of the prototype used to help turn your mobile into a magnifying glass. Irene González.
- Registration is free.
- Coffee breaks and lunch included in the registration
- Mobility scholarships (travel and accommodation) for attendees.
With funding from: